Saturday, February 13, 2010

Blessed

I realize that I am truly blessed. I have a lot I could complain about. (And sometimes do.)

I have a wonderful husband who loves me for me. He believes in marriage and the hard work it takes. He isn't afraid to question things, and will even admit (at times) when he is wrong. He knows the thing that is most important to me is feeling safe in his arms.

I have two beautiful daughters. They help me to experience pure joy on a regular basis. They have taught me the amazing gift of unconditional love. They make me want to be a better mom and role model for them. And they have the most amazing sound - of sisters laughing uncontrollably!

I have parents that have shaped the person I am and strive to be. They are amazing people, of which I can only hope to attain to be. I have learned so much about strength, character, godliness, responsibility, love, faith, trust, and most of all - the importance of family.

I have a brother who inspires me and I think could lift the world off my shoulders if I ever needed him to. And he has an amazing wife, whose strength and courage is unbelievable. The zest for life in their family brings a smile to my face every time. And they have 2 daughters who are becoming amazing people, that I am proud to call my nieces.

I have a home, that has kept me warm and safe for 25 years. We have neighbors that care.

I have friends that would do anything for me or my family. I have friends far in distance, but close at heart, who always have a listening ear - no matter how long it has been.

I have a job that I care about and feel like I make a difference.

I have a Heavenly Father, who loves me no matter what. He allows me to feel a range of emotions and experience many things. He provides what I need, and helps me to remember how blessed I am. He has given me so many things and allows me to make choices and learn from them. There has been a time in my life that I questioned how he could allow me to experience such pain, but I now understand that as a parent - it really did cause more pain for him to see me go through those things. And yet he was with me every step of the way - despite me trying to turn away from him.

This life on earth is hard. It is amazing. It is wonderful. How blessed we are to be able to experience it. And know that the life after is eternal - when we trust in our Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment